Saturday, June 3, 2006

Belly dancing

Belly dance is definitely not a dance that I would be passionate for and interested in, for a long long time. I bought 2 DVDs of belly dancing 2 years ago and I have watched just a few times. The bellydance workout and routine is carried out by the multi-award winning dancer, Rania.

I bought that 2 DVDs just because it was selling at quite a reasonable price then in Speedy. It costs like 12.90 for 2 DVDs, in which I think it's quite worth it.

Plus, it's something different from the dance I learn and I don't want to narrow down myself to just hip hop and funk. Try something different and I might like it, never say never. Since belly dancing can make your body more flexible, it's an advantage. You will be able to catch up the steps much better and faster and you can learn to shake your booty like Shakira haha.

Actually, I have a friend, LD, who learned belly dancing before in Pose Gend Studio previously. It's not as easy as it seems of course. She said it's quite boring but then again, it's about techniques, not about the style like what hip hop requires. Maybe that comes at a later stage. She taught me some moves, and it's good for the abs I would say.

In the end of the DVD, you can see Rania performs belly dancing and oh my, she's damn good. Her body is sooo tonned and muscles too. Wah lau eh ...

But then again, it's not something I would invest money in to learn. I want to learn something I'm sure that I am interested and passionate in, like ... hip hop and funk or maybe jazz. But lately, I have developed a liking for Latin dancing. Oh my ...

Oh and btw, Hammie Nutty Lober sent me this video, check it out MYRS as well as Southpaw

While Onii sent me this video, Nana [Black Stones] - rose and Olivia - A little pain

8 comments:

tIcKLeMe said...

a little pain is damn nice. he sent to me too. kekeke. :D

The Pondering Introvert said...

hahaha yah ... very naish :D

The Neko In Dress said...

yummy belly dancing!!! :D :D :D

but when first started, pain sial...-_-ll

The Pondering Introvert said...

haha i think every new dance you start sure it's going to be pain, but i guess belly dancing it's even more painful coz it focus on the belly only ... and u use the muscle at the belly, that's why hahah but it's good ler ;)

A world that i've seen said...

i love to dance..but nowadays..no kaki jor..
i used to learn ballet..till grade 5 then stop d..sob sob
my another frenz now is practising salsa..sounds cool..
i plan wan to learn yoga...
when u gonna to show off ur dancing skill?hehe

The Pondering Introvert said...

hahaha whoa ballet coolies, salsa is nice, really nice ...
erm i dont have skill long time didnt dance edi damn sad :(

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»