Friday, August 18, 2006

Symptoms and the cause of blackout

I found this on the net ... quite informative ne ...

A blackout or sudden loss of consciousness can be due to several causes, and it is not always easy to determine the exact cause in a particular case. A simple faint would probably be the least serious cause. Fainting can occur for many reasons, such as standing in one position for a long time, being dehydrated, severe fright (e.g., at the sight of blood), or other emotional stress. Prior to fainting, some people may experience warning symptoms such as sweating, light-headedness, weak knees, or queasiness of the stomach.

A variety of heart problems can cause a blackout. Some people may have very low blood pressure or a sudden drop in their blood pressure when they stand up. Irregularities of heart rhythm may produce a sudden loss of consciousness without any warning signs. The heart may stop beating for a while or throw in extra beats or beat very fast, all of which result in reduced blood flow to the brain.

A seizure is another reason for loss of consciousness. With a seizure, the person may have jerking movements of the arms and legs and lose bowel or bladder control.

For more information, kindly click on the title
That's all ... it's Friday and I am going to help out at the student bar of the setting up and cleaning up ...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I experienced blackout before about 5 mins after knocked down during my football game. I fell from my head actually, after I woke up I lost my memories for 2-3 days. That's y I quit football more than 10 yrs. My nightmare in my life.

The Pondering Introvert said...

wah liao .. that is freaking scary, so dangerous ... everything is so dangerous now .. have to be careful next time ... :S

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Free+adult+movie+clips Whatsfind spyware deb munson dance Bad day mpg zyban celebrity constellation cruise line How to quit smoking for free Hotels koh samet Cheap didrex online prescription cod order last minute galveston cruises Subaru bike carriers for sale oldsmobile intrigue 2000 http://www.vitamins-for-hair-growth.info/Dedicated-server-update-history.html cruise lines websites Definition zoloft Bare necessities cruise photo Cell tech supplement How would a colonial middle class man dress