Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An encounter with a fake monk

Remember when you were young and innocent, your parents used to tell you this. "Do not take anything from strangers. Do not listen to strangers. Do not follow and believe anyone other than us., even if they give you sweets" It is not only parents, but aunties, uncles, grandparents, relatives tell the same thing, but of course it is mostly told by parents. Yet, there are so many who fell for scams, because their parents no longer tell them these after they grow up? haha.

I was in the beloved lorry yesterday in Taman Megah, waiting for my mom as she had gone somewhere. I was there for quite sometime. As my whole body was practically facing the driver's side and not to mention my eyes were only looking at that direction, I did not take notice of anything on the left, which was my side. The moment I turned to the left, a monk was standing there and he frightened me, freaked me out, BIG TIME! He scared the shit outta me okay. My heart is not strong, in fact it's only very weak to get shock like this.

I ignored his presence. By looking at him, you just know he's not real, instead just some conman. A real genuine monk usually at least looks decent. But, he looks so dirty and is planning to con me. Does he think I am a 2 year old kid that he could con me. My dad always condemn them, so what do ya think haha. I dislike them a lottt. A real monk will not be lurking on the streets at that hour, and looking so absurd. They will be in a temple, praying. The orange custome was hanging over his shoulder, he was topless and just a shorts holding some stuff, those chinese stuff at his hand. After I ignored him, he was still standing there, hoping for me to open the door? Oh hello but I do not have that kinda of heart to open for STRANGERS ok. My parents always tell me don't open for strangers ok :D :D haha. I do not wanna be frightened by him anymore, and still looking away, I gave him a body language, I was not interested. Then, he left.

There are too many fake people, hypocrites, and con people around. Insane so-called monk. He is out of the many who tarnished the monk's image. Sigh. I feel so sad for all the real monks out there, you guys rock! :D

2 comments:

ohme said...

be careful with strangers, but sometimes they aren't like what we've think to them..

The Pondering Introvert said...

but it's better to be safe then sorry. The world is no more filled with kind hearted people. There are of course but ... the minority. So, i rather be careful, than not.