Sunday, July 4, 2010

How old SHOULD one get married?

Sigh. I hate this topic. I totally despise it. I read this survey question in a website, posted by a member there.

How old should a girl get married?

Is it even a logic question. SHOULD. As I know, there is no should or should not in this world. Ridiculous. Is there such a thing, I should do this, or I should not do that because society forbids, or because it's against what the world believe. It is humans that set the rules. I detest because that shows we are even lacking in this department, which is totally absurd.

I'm not even 40 now. Why are there so many people asking about this. This is a very sensitive topic. It's extreme sensitive. As I have said, perhaps, I will even end up being a nun or my case I wanna be cool, I wanna be a monk instead. :P haha. It's way overloaded, I cannot take it if people just assume that it's the age I SHOULD get married. They come telling me, by this age, you should do this this and that. Well, to be honest, this is my life, and I am leading my own life. Whatever I want I know it best, not others. Hence, whether I should or I should not, the answer is within me, and only me. Also, why must they assume that I'm gonna get married? I did not say I will anyway. Sometimes, it's rather irritating to entertain people asking me only that kinda questions. When I give them the question in return of did I even say I will get married. They start saying oh, as a girl, I should. Yea, should again. yada yada yada. Like as if there are certain rules I gotta follow in life as long as I'm alive, that's because everyone else is doing and it is also because God forbids if I don't. Question now, why must I, just because everyone else is. I don't believe in it. People had been saying getting married is good, you don't have to worry in this area in life anymore, you will be a stage higher. However, not for me. Once you are married, chances and oppotunities will be narrowed down almost instantly and they will not even think twice of giving you any of those. Liberties slipped away just like that, all these because you are married. I guess, if I am, I will be even worrying more. I shall not want to worry about unnecessary things that can be avoided. It makes me older.

Well, is getting married that important afterall? Can you see how the world is changing in recent years. More and more people are so unhappy with each other that they eventually part ways or even more so, end up killing each other. Not everyone, but there are just too many. This does not even include those who force themselves being where they are because they wanna sacrifice for the sake of the family or marriage. WOW. I'll be 20 years older if I were to do that, or die having too much pressure. No doubt there are blissful marriages. But, how many there are. You see a perfect family, but nothing is perfect. This is not even near being pessimistic, it's all about reality. Everyday you hear people getting married, getting wishes to have a divine marriage. Few years down, or perhaps, months, you know what's gonna happen.

Life is tiring!

4 comments:

plue said...

and yet u got married to ahjang XD

but really lah, those who asked are either ppl who are "happily" married, too much free time on hand and just like to kepo... and usually those are aunties who are like maybe 10x our age :)

older generations thinking weird lah, but i think ours even weirder :P

The Pondering Introvert said...

but then the girl i saw, i don't think she's aunty at all lor, in fact when i viewed the topics she posted is like as if she is still studying leh ... omo.

Ai, yeah ... aiya .. librans contradict themselves XD

plue said...

u libran or not, u still contradict urself ok unni?

The Pondering Introvert said...

gomawoyo XD