Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A lonely world

Loneliness:
affected with, characterized by, or causing a depressing feeling of being alone; lonesome. 

Alone: 
separate, apart, or isolated from others
Are you capable of being alone? Will you feel lonely? Though these 2 words are made of the base word "lone" it carries very different definitions. One can be alone for years and not feel lonely. Another can be surrounded by people yet feel lonely.

Which are you? Well, I am alone and I don't feel lonely. To be honest, I was probably lonely at some point of my life when I don't have people around me. I always feel sad, like as if a small part of me dies inside me after every outing. It's like, those temporary happiness and laughter will end somehow and I will be back to Square One. I just cannot be alone as that made me feel lonely.
  
It's not a bad thing to be alone. It doesn't mean you are a lonesome or forlorn. It just really means that you need some quality time for yourself.  I do know people who just cannot be alone. Their world crumble when they need to be alone. There's definitely a time when you need to be alone. It's inevitable. I think I'll go insane if I need to face people all the time. When I'm alone, I feel serene.  

I'm not sure if one should feel pity towards people like that who can't be alone. They are lonely. The best cure for one's loneliness is be your own best friend. If you can't, why will people wanna be your best friend? If you, can't even accept you for who you are and can't be comfortable in your own skin, then probably others feel that same way towards you.  

Those who feel lonely probably over-think about a lot of things. They are afraid of the self-reflection process. People like that often think about the past that cannot be changed, or future that hasn't arrived. One thing for sure, when you look for a partner, don't look for someone that complete you because this can never be. Don't be with someone because you are bored or lonely, be with them just because you wanna be with them. Don't depend on them for whatever reason there is or even peer pressure.  

Therefore, it starts from yourselves. Be your own best friend is the best cure for all loneliness in the world. Then, others will follow through. Life will be better. Otherwise, when a person leaves your side whether it's your partner or your friends, you feel disabled because from a world with full of lights, it becomes a dark, gloomy, lonely world.

No comments: