Friday, July 10, 2015

Day 1: Dubai, UAE

It was quite an unplanned trip. I was thinking of going to Laos, or even Vietnam. But, it's mad to be going alone there. I know everyone will be like, don't be crazy! I know! I know! That's when SP said, come to Dubai! Fate fall upon me. MAS was having a promotion, for that 2 days. After I bought it, it increased to 3K plus. Insane.

That's when in March, I flew over to Dubai, all alone. It has been so many years I haven't flown alone.

The moment I reached to Dubai, left my luggage in SP's house, then we headed over to Dubai Mall haha. Had dinner at Desperados and omg, this is crazy. I had currency shock, with Buy 1 Free 1, we still paid 100 each.

That's the skyscrapper, Burj Khalifa, tallest man-made structure in the world. The main contractor was from Samsung, South Korea haha.

This is just at Souk Al Bahar which means market of the sailor due to its stones and architecture of the building. There are restaurants, shops, bars, cafes here. Of course, there is a musical fountain here. It's actually located between Burj Khalifa, Souk Al Bahar and the Dubai Mall. It's actually a dancing fountain that plays every half an hour after 6 PM with variety of songs. I enjoyed this!

Then, we headed over to Dubai Mall with the giant aquarium!

Of course, it's then time to head back to SP's place in the Financial Hub and it's about 15 minutes walk to the Metro station haha. Oh when you talk about the Malaysians there, somehow you meet people from the hospitality industry. That happened to be working in the same hotel as me before. haha.

No comments: