Thursday, January 9, 2014

2013 Busan Day 1 Part 2

Alright, so there's nothing to do really after the visit to the place where the BIFF is going to be held. They were just setting up the place and it's not like the event is held that day. Opposite of BIFF, there's something called Jagalchi Fish Market

I know that it's so not me to be visiting a market, a fish market to be exact called 자갈치시장. There are various types of fishes there and this is in fact the largest fish market in Korea. They have fish market and I'm not sure if this is done here. I doubt it though. I have seen a documentary before of auctioning in a fish market where sellers will bid for the cheapest one, and if so, the fishes that day will be affordable to the customers. They are more for mackerels. The direction:
Jagalchi Station (Busan subway line 1), Exit 10.
Turn right onto Jagalchi 3(sam)-gil Street.
Walk for 5min, then turn left to arrive at Jagalchi Market.

It was in fact a great idea to be there at night whereby they have closed the stalls. What was left then was a few of them doing the final cleaning up for the day so I don't have to smell all the fishes.

This place is definitely huge. It's an eye opener, as I have never seen a market this big before. Of course, it's even greater if I can experience and watch them in their business. It's gonna be so interesting even though it's a known fact I am not a market/fish person. I am only the end user. I eat after it's cooked.

Beside of Jalgachi Fish Market, lies the contrasting building. Lotte Departmental Store. It's not a place that is meant for me. It's those places where bargain is not accepted. I always go to places where I can bargain and negotiate prices, not a fixed one. :P

There's the indoor musical fountain that is held at G floor in Lotte itself. This has also been recorded in the Guiness World Book of Records of having the largest indoor musical fountain. It's a very calming effect it has on you.

No comments: