Thursday, October 25, 2007

Truly Malaysian

Sometimes I wonder if I should just learn and master that language and migrate to that country. I just feel that I'm such a sad case that even being at home, I feel a need to explain to people that I am truly Malaysian and nothing else.

Questions were even raised by my very own beloved Malaysians mate =.= how potong stim can things be.

I thought that coming back will clear all the doubts that people have. Apparently no. Foreigners gotta ask if I am Malaysian -_- Isn't it obvious that I am? DAMN obvious okay. My first encounter was 2 Thai delegates asked what am I and that I looked Thai. Then, a Thai lady told me I looked half Thai. Alright, so I thought I have an improvement that half ... now and not a pure Thai. Just when I felt that there's some light shining through, there were 2 random guys in the elevator that just popped me up this question and they asked with a very eyebrow-raising look on his face if I am a Malaysian. I am!! Wanna see my IC? Even you want, I refuse to show. I said nooo I'm Malaysian, then he said I looked Jap =.= apa nieeee?? After walking some distance, he saw me and he told me once more .. you really look Jap =.=

Yesterday was some really shocking day. A Japanese woman came up to me and in a very serious look on her face she asked if she can ask me a question. I said yes of course. The question she wanna ask was if I am Malaysian. You tell me pengsan or not -_- Later on, she told me that she thought I'm Jap.

What's wrong with people these days?????? Tell meeee .. I'm at home for goodness sake wehhh .... and I am still in a state of confusion ... SIAO

15 comments:

Iwan said...

oh no..

so many mistaken identity!!!

i know how frustrated it can be..

as for me,
ppl ALWAYS asked me am i chi or malay..

ALWAYS!!

kesian adik ku...

but good what, ppl tot u looked exotic!!

hahahahaa!

tak mahu marah marah ok?

ruth tan said...

hahaha i get that too sometimes .. sigh**

mr jp said...

chou chou , you should learn some Thai or Japanese lines to reply to them just to mess with their minds!

you can take it as a compliment as well ! that you have 'exotic' look ^__^

maybe they just finding excuse to talk to you .. hehe

Anonymous said...

japanese..
wah wah wah..

some people asked me if i am thai too..
last time when i was a lot darker..

L1 said...

phone ah.. why so lidat 1? Ok wat ppl think you're all these different race :) I get this all the time at work too. Japanese, HK, Chinese, Malaysian, Thai, Pinoy, Indon.. never Korean though..haha..

The Pondering Introvert said...

iwan: chinese or malay still singaporean and you memang got both blood mar haha ... i dunno people can just come up with funny things, many people HERE locals thought that i have mixed blood til the extent that im eurasian which is impossible -_- what exotic pulak :s

ruth: lolz sometimes is better than frequent i think, can we exchange ehe

chou chou: women dont need excuse to talk to me mar ahaha .. plus i was talkng to them alreay wan yeah must learn jap from iyasu-san hehe

tom: a lot darker people ask ... but im not that dark mer hehe

bawang: hehe i got more in swiss lolz jap, korean, thai, cambodian, phillipino, indon, seldom chinese, and only one malaysian lolz .. at home also locals ask .. if im mixed .. sometime portuguese also come out :s eurasian also come out .. from dunno where -_-

tIcKLeMe said...

so cute! jap sp! :D

tIcKLeMe said...

so cute! jap sp! :D

The Pondering Introvert said...

oh you ar hehe :P

tIcKLeMe said...

haha you la! it's nice once in a while when ppl cannot guess where you're from. :D sometimes, i like to play along. :P

The Pondering Introvert said...

hehe but then, if you is understandable but me ... no. Coz you memang sudah campur but I memang not haha ... from last 2 millenium ancestors punya also still same as now

tIcKLeMe said...

haha but i'm still chinese. i consider myself chinese! :D

hooray to us. :P~

Puvan said...

for me some more worst....police ask me whether got IC or not..they want to send me back to my "home"....apparently i look like bangla...haihz...sad man...not once...twice kena already...

The Pondering Introvert said...

LOL

tIcKLeMe said...

wah, kesiannya puvan. :O