Thursday, May 14, 2009

Copyright

Just the other day, this dude came to me

Guy: Eh the pictures you posted very nice
Me: Why did you even see it
Guy: It's nice what, that's why I see, and you posted it
Me: FINE
Guy: Eh there's one picture very nice, I like, the bed is very ugly la, I edit it
Me: Who gave you the right to take MY picture? I didn't give you any permission to take it. It's the ownership of the photographer and ME. Did I say you can take it?
Guy: NO but I can edit for you, it will end up very nice
Me: So, I don't care, I don't want that means, I just don't want, don't touch my pictures
Guy: Don't worry, I will give it back to you after I edit, it will be very nice
Me: I don't need you to do that

You ... yes you ... you're a so-called photographer yourself, don't you know to play by the rules? If you do not know, I will teach you. It's copyright, you don't own it, and though I have put it up, it still belongs to me, and not you. It's me. No matter how ugly it is, it's still MY picture. If you wanna edit it, please do ask the permission and if the owner do not allow it, respect that decision. You ain't that good of a photographer, just that you own a nice camera. That's it. Stop showing that you can take really nice pictures because I have seen it, and I am not impressed. Stop being a jerk. Thanks.

2 comments:

Jasonmumbles said...

Who is that? I want to see his pictures! :D

But yeah, you are right about the unwritten rules.

The Pondering Introvert said...

some people I work with ... in my FB lolz