Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Best? No such thing

Have you realized that, as you grow older, the term friends are only friends. Long before, you can hear your surroundings that so and so is so and so's best friend, good friend, favourite friend, close friend, best buddy and it is never-ending.

It came to a time that it is no longer existed. Personally, even the the term best friend had faded away. Don't ask me why, but I no longer believe in that. It isn't that something had happened, or some whatever nitemare things took place. It is just that it had long ago faded away.

Close friends yes I still do believe. These days, there are so many other types of friends, we have college friends, work friends or colleague, lepak-ing friends and now, we even have facebook friends o.O lolz everything else but best friends.

This term is so misleading. If, you take someone as best friend, you gotta do anything and everything they expect you to and if you don't then I don't even know what will happen. That is how most people define best friends. Therefore, it is better to have close friends rather than best friends. But best friends are not definined like that if you ask me. But, do not ask me to define as I don't know. I no longer know the definition, and I no longer have that word in my encyclopedia or dictionary. It became something very alien to me.

Friends around are deeply appreciated and treasured. I am actually really glad that the term friends still stay very closely to me, no matter new or old, both are important.

8 comments:

Iwan said...

yeah!

the term best freind is over rated and it doesnt exist in my dictionary now..

sometimes, i tink its better to have less frens than to have more frens..

rite?

anyway, i am ur fren too rite? :P

The Pondering Introvert said...

lolz yeah exactly ... :D people say best friend for life, no such thing man -_-

ur not my friend, ur my bruder lolz

tIcKLeMe said...

i doubt i've got a best friend. ;(

but i've got plenty of friends!!! close ones too like sp, yes? :D

The Pondering Introvert said...

hahaha yay we are at the same frequency lolz

lovie said...

I don't think I have a best friend, close friends I do have. I guess as we grow older everyone just drifts away, only those who are close to us stay.

Anonymous said...

you are totally true,thinking of someone as a best friend makes us over-expect things from him, and if he doesnt behave in the way we expect we become angry. the problem here is in us, not in the friend , bec. in reality 1-no one will ever put your intrest above his ,2-the loyalty of the best friend you have doesnt exceed in 80% in best estimate.only your parents will be loyal to you more than that, so if you deal with people this way beleive me . you will feel much much comfortable.

Anonymous said...

you are totally true,thinking of someone as a best friend makes us over-expect things from him, and if he doesnt behave in the way we expect we become angry. the problem here is in us, not in the friend , bec. in reality 1-no one will ever put your intrest above his ,2-the loyalty of the best friend you have doesnt exceed in 80% in best estimate.only your parents will be loyal to you more than that, so if you deal with people this way beleive me . you will feel much much comfortable.

Anonymous said...

you are totally true,thinking of someone as a best friend makes us over-expect things from him, and if he doesnt behave in the way we expect we become angry. the problem here is in us, not in the friend , bec. in reality 1-no one will ever put your intrest above his ,2-the loyalty of the best friend you have doesnt exceed in 80% in best estimate.only your parents will be loyal to you more than that, so if you deal with people this way beleive me . you will feel much much comfortable.