Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy 'Merdeka'

Today is already the 30th of August, the eve of Malaysia's Independence Day. Guess what? One year ago, I was so eager to go there, out there, to celebrate, it was for the sake of going out, not so much of that patriotism inside. Nevertheless, I had that ultimate shift, the night shift, and doom! I was working all night long during that hours of people celebrating outside.

Heute, today, I can't be bothered. I was supposed to be 3-11 but I changed to 5-1. I know, everyone's like avoiding that shift especially on this day, and I am welcoming it with open hands. haha. I will even stay back til the wee hours. WHY? Simply because it will be so crowded, so jam, more dunkards, more raids around, it just spoils the mood. Why even bother going out, I rather overtime, even though not getting paid, because my Dede is working night shift, or perhaps I could dig out some secrets from someone? HAHA. Let's see.

I am not patriotic at all, during school days, everyone were forced to sing that national song, people sing, they do, but they do because they were forced to. Right after schooling days, people actually forget there is actually a national song. How sad. I know it is. Everyone's criticizing the homeland, the home soil, this is bad, that sucks, those are ridiculous, brainless this and that, gone bonkers were the authorities, and the list just goes on. Probably, one will only know the importance of the homeland, once you step out. Yes, you get to see different people outside, see the world, like your dream has been achieved, but ... there is something inside that you miss. You see Eiffel Tower, big darn beautiful cars, but this will always be your home.

No matter how you criticize I still believe there is something one ought not to do. One should not step or look down upon its own country and say bad stuff about their own country in front of foreigners who believe that this country is nice and beautiful. What do you want to show in front of them? That you are so Westernized or something? You make yourself a fool and stupid, I don't care, but you are putting all Malaysians down which is uberly unacceptable. Pretending to be oh so almighty, get a life. Seriously, you need it. I am taking just one as an example, but there are tons of this species out there. I am not even asking them to promote this country, or protect this country, but ... don't ever put down. Why not this certain someone goes to much poorer countries, then only they will realize how lucky and how glad she should be hehhh. Pathetic is the middle name. I am not patriotic though just that I think there is a limit for everything eh.

Anyways, to all Malaysians, abroad and domestic haha ... have a very MERRY Independence Day with all the traffic jams and crowded place and I shall stay on longer in the hotel to avoid those nasty things haha. Merdeka!

P/s: To all who has a hometown, it's a long weekend, please go back to your hometown today before 12, let me live in peace for this weekend, as I am not working ... omg for the 2nd time in one year! lolz.

Cheers.

4 comments:

Alienstargurlz said...

haha. ya ya we will all leave u in peace. and ya go dig out more secrets and tell me. !! =P

The Pondering Introvert said...

hahahah ...kepoh!! :P

Anonymous said...

I nod and I smile as I read this post. Being away from Malaysia and now farther, I can totally understand what you meant. Words thrown and criticism made as if people are brainless to think for themselves, it is such a disgrace when one introduces as Malaysian but the descriptions about Malaysia are nothing but negative. I met this one chap on a gathering and while he said it out loud he is Malaysian, he said everyone he meets will agree that they are NOT proud of the country. "Hang on there", I told him coz you don't know what's in my mind yet about being a Malaysian. You talked so much about the school system and the country, but don't forget that's where you groomed you. The dam that you claimed groomed him into who he is now, I'm sure there are credits for.

Being a Malaysian, we don't have to proclaim how proud we are, to protect and to defend, but the least we all can do is not to add on to the negativity. They just look stupid and ignorant!

Thanks for this insightful post :)

The Pondering Introvert said...

yea ... it's so annoying coz there was once this girl that I know saying that she is a Malaysian, and right in front of the true Malaysians, she can put the country down, downgrade the country, and I don't feel it's appropriate because those guys ask how is Malaysia. That specimen can say that Malaysia sucks and don't go. I just don;t know what is going in their bloody mind and being ungrateful species. Having a fake accent is so whatever ... and it's so damn fake, I can do it better if I want to lolz. They just don't know how bad the effect is. These people should have born in China instead >.<