Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Rules of Drinking

I have started watching dramas very long ago. Few years fast forward, and I wonder if what's in the drama was true, or they made that up. It is said that when a girl is stress or rather depress, and they start drinking, they usually end up more depressed than they already are. Guys, after they drink with the same condition they are caught in, they usually forget about their woes.

I wasn't someone who was interested in drinking then. It doesn't really tell that I am from this family at all. Now, I can assure that those genes came to me at a later stage.

After so many individuals that I have seen, that the statement was somehow true. I am speaking it from the people I have met and known personally, or rather, briefly, to whichever it applies.

This friend of mine is usually not a very superbly negative person. I would never thought that will happen. She asked me to go drinking once and I was quite taken aback with that as well, I don't know, it was just the feeling at that particular time. It just doesn't feel right. At that time too, I know, she was having some personal issues. I know, she's gonna do something that night, and I don't know how far she will go to. I ended up following her, to ensure she's okay. I was supposed to be up by 5.30am the next day for work. But well, I think I can sacrifice my one night's sleep for her.

As expected, she went out all drunk that night. She became so emotional later on after drinking. Problems became worse. This is just one example, I have few more that is similar to this, except the others maybe I am not willing to sacrifice my night's sleep anymore, depending my relationship with them.

So, yes, I think girls have that tendency to be more emotional after they drink. Personally, whenever I'm stressed up, the moment after I drink, I became emotional too, but it's a different kind. This is called, emotionally happier. hahaha. They gotta know why they drink, the reason behind drinking. Some people drink just to chill and have fun, some drink try to forget their problems, and that's the worst ever kind. My rules of drinking - never drink if you wanna try to run away and avoid the problems you are having because you will end up having more problems. Physically you might not be doing anything, but mentally, everything runs in your head. If you think drinking can solve your problem, think again. And, my another rule of drinking - why do you wanna get drunk because of some pathetic guy? Ask that, and you will know the answer of whether to drink in that condition right away. Do not torture yourself because of others. It's not worth any single effort, time and money at all.

That was why some people asked me to go drinking in the most unreasonable circumstances, I reject them outright. To begin with, they are people who don't drink. I told them that I am more willing to drink and cheers with them should they drink because they wanna hang out. I will not do so if they drink because they are sad. It's a strict no.

4 comments:

mark chan said...

ahhh the art of drinking...

which i fully agree

The Pondering Introvert said...

hahaha yeahh come lt's drinkkkk .. but i dont drink tiger =.=

kyliemc said...

:D i totally agree with the part where u say why wanna get drunk over some pathetic guy... i think it's totally useless...

The Pondering Introvert said...

maybe, u dont understand the feeling of drinking that's why XD and many people do that. It's coz they thought they can run and keep those away for a night or so. XD