Friday, February 22, 2013

Happy Chap Goh Meh

Chinese New Year or it is also known as Lunar New Year is ending tomorrow. Damn, can anyone just tell me how time flies. 15 days passed.

It's Chap Goh Meh tomorrow, marks the 15th day or the end of Chinese New Year. Practically, I did not do anything. That's because I wasn't here for the first 7 days.

Chap Goh Meh can also be known as the Chinese Valentine in Malaysia and Singapore as I'm not too sure if it's practice elsewhere too. Girls will write their numbers and details on an orange's skin and the guys at the end of the river will pick those up.

What I really like about this festival is not bout the 15th day. More like the lion dance and the food. Not the visiting(not like I do), not the clothes but the lion dance and the food. That's it.

Few pictures of a lion dance I managed to capture, also another traditional performance called the 24 beats drummers as that symbolizes the 24 festivals throughout the year. But apparently, due to the lack of space, it's only 18 drums there. These performance is just so impressive, some are like really young.

These kids did the 18 beats drummers performance


 My favourite - lion dance

 Ahh ... don't you just love this?

Dude!!

No comments: