Saturday, July 13, 2013

Self-pity?

I've always surrounded by people with weird characters. It's either they outnumbered the average person or that I am a weirdo magnet.

I am always amazed by how much can someone talk about themselves. Like, how sad are they, how pity are they, how the mothers left them when they were younger and receive no love from their families. OMG, seriously? This is still happening, ranting and complaining about something that happened more than a decade ago.

This is definitely something they are using to get the attention that they crave, that people around them should be pitiful. Fortunately for me, I don't have that for them. I do not pity them.

The moment you sit at a table, they start talking about themselves, like how they have been doing, how do they feel, like as if their lives are just so god damn interesting that others are dying to know ... NOT!

When you're sick, you tell the whole world how sick are you, you feel this and that. People, I don't care how sick are you. It's just unfortunate you feel sick so often, so, do something about it maybe instead of complaining?

The difference between us is that I probably know a lot of stuff about them because they just tell everything regardless of how close or how distance in terms of friendship. Contrary to that, I don't at all. It is also maybe much easier to know people like them because you don't even have to ask them questions, they will just blurt everything out.

Empathy is a different thing all together. Usually, we don't feel as such for those with weird characters. I don't feel pity, I don't feel empathy. Empathy is a very positive thing, that they don't crave and you really hope the best for them.

No comments: