Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Hiking @ Cheras

I haven't been an outdoorsy person my entire life. The only "workout" that I have done in the past in a regular basis was my dance class. Even that was just 1 hour a week, sometimes twice, or thrice depending on the events we had. Ever since Sensei left us, the classes were just kept at a bare minimum, one hour, once a week. Then, Covid happened. As we stayed longer at home, nobody wanted to go back to classes anymore. And that was how the class literally died.

Once in a blue moon, I would find other things to do, but it was really like once a year kinda thing. Last year, when things were briefly opened, we quickly went hiking to this place deep into Cheras. I have not been a fan of Cheras at all, but this was a place I just had to go to see for myself. Furthermore, we had lockdown for a long time. It's just about getting myself out there.

This is actually a private area but I see many people hiking up, just like I did as long as we start hiking before 7am on the weekends. Some people had advised not to go during the weekdays anyway as the owners are around and this is considered as trespassing? Don't blame me if this is a wrong info, as this was in April 2021, a year ago.

The typical hiking pose. LOL. The trail can be quite confusing at certain parts though, so we had to explore and some hikers led the way up. There were no obvious trail, no signs, we just followed. Some parts are knotted with ropes which can be helpful to some. Overall, a very easy hike that takes within 45 minutes. It rained the night before, that made some parts challenging for me due to my shoes. So, please get suitable shoes. haha.

With just 45 minutes hike to get this, why not right? I am a total beginner, an unfit one that is, and it is easy even for me. Struggle a little here and there due to the slippery surface, for, as always, I do not have proper shoes for hiking.

That was my only hike in 2021. Covid was not the reason, I just didn't have the hiking thing in me. But interestingly, I would go to FRIM almost every single week when I was in my primary years. I became more and more unfit and unhealthy. 

I'll be back with more hiking. haha.

 

No comments: