Saturday, May 4, 2019

Part 6: Seattle, Washington

It has been awhile now. I've been so busy that this has been neglected. Oopsie. Guess I'll continue and I'll be more active these days, just because of what just happened. A snap preview is that I am unemployed now due to the change of business strategy. My company decided to shut down the whole site in Kuala Lumpur, or rather Petaling Jaya. Hence, I am now actively looking for a job, hoping to secure one by July. Having said that, the job market is rather slow. The response has not been promising. At the same time, with the competitors right now, I am trying to be as positive as I can, considering the people around me, I think I'm okay.

We had an underground walking tour. It's the only way to tour the interconnecting tunnels. Check the website for the schedule.


"Take only memories, leave nothing but footprints." The famous quote by Chief Seattle and as you can tell, the city was named after him.

Some of the pictures took during the tour


With the family. In Fremont. Ooh my stomach expanded


This is one of the attraction in Seattle. Ballard Locks. So, all these boats, big and small had to wait for the bridge to open for them to cross over. The purpose of this is to maintain the fresh water of Lake Washington and Lake Union above sea level. It's also to prevent the mixing of sea water of Puget Sound with the fresh water from the lakes. Besides that, it is also to move the boats from the water level of lakes to the water level of Puget Sound an vice versa. Here, you can also see the migration of the fishes. Unfotunately, it wasn't the season when I was there

Being an Asian, this is a must-go place haha. The first ever Starbucks. In fact, they actually moved a few doors down from the original shop.


I used to watch many Bruce Lee's movies when I was growing up. So, visiting his graveyard is something I would wanna do. Bruce Lee and Brandon Lee side by side in Lake View Cemetery. We asked a group of tourist to take a picture of us. They declined. Not sure if they are from China or Taiwan. Bruce Lee is not going to follow you home


I've never been so happy going to a cemetery


My last walk with Rocky before I flew home that night. He's such an adorable giant.



No comments: