Sunday, July 25, 2010

Farewell 3 Part 4

Ah. Finally. The last entry of my once-upon-a-time farewell. There are in fact so many things to blog, but I only have 24 hours per day, one pair of hands. Furthermore, I am not like those days whereby I can blog few entries per day. I think on average, I only blog once per week. Of course when the feeling is right, I blog more. Sometimes, 2 weeks once. Sigh. How?

I am honestly very very reluctant to hand back these stuff to them, particularly the ING card. It's so cool to see a doctor because you go to the doctor, show them the ING card, they swipe it, take your medicine, and it's done. Awesome. For 2.5 years, I have only gone to the doctor ONCE. Ah, sad. Employee handbook costs 10 bucks and most people had misplace it by the time they resign. My ID card, it was in my wallet when I joined and I did not even take it out after that, until then when I resigned. The fan pin costs 10 bucks too and it's a must to have it at all times with the uniform and nametag. However, this is a souvenir given by HR. Even you wanna buy, you can't buy it outside okay. haha.

My beloved locker key with the key chain all the way from Bali, from Ishak. I think I am well known for losing my locker key already. There was one period of time that I always appear in HR every single week. There was also once the master key went missing but it was not my fault. It was one of the security's fault. This is the exit interview. Whatever dissatisfactions and unhappiness, we may say out. However, I don't wanna be caught in the jam, I told HR I was very happy haha wth. I know it's not helping, but even if I did say out, nothing's gonna change. ALL my ex-colleagues who left before me had told them but until now, nothing is done, and nothing is changed. So, even if I do, it still will not change anything. In a matter of fact, I have lots to say. But, I remained silent because I didn't wanna be caught in the jam. WTH wei seriously? hahaha.

This is outside Security and HR department whereby this was our very last time walking down there as an employee. After 27th Feb, we are no longer an employee there. Thus, not allowed to be in the premise for the next 3 months. Even if we appear there, do you think they will do anything. We are all good. No problem haha.
Working there was one of the priviledge I have that many do not have. It's an honour to be given this opportunity working in a leading hotel. I was indeed happy there, with everyone is nice to each other. Well, not literally everyone but, yeah there are at least. There were so many dramatic things that happened, all the hoo-has, causing a chaotic moment among each other. Of course, working there is all pleasant from the outside. But, what we felt was a total opposite. It's not all about smiling and looking good like how we were perceived from an outsider. In fact, we gotta go through all the emotions you can possibly think of. Honestly, mostly everyone came telling me when I first started working that if I am able to make it for the first few months, it's considered an achievement because of the stress and pressure from the job itself, from the guests, colleagues and even managers. The history of turn over is pretty high. They told me to just prepare myself for the worst. There were problems arised from one time to another.
Having worked in a hotel is something I really like to be honest. I like the job. I do, and it's the frequent rotation that I cannot take it anymore. If I tell a problem that I face at work, nobody outside will understand how I feel. Nobody. It's the colleagues that understood exactly how I felt. We shared so much things together, because of the mental and emotional pressure we face. There were so many times I just felt like resigning there and then because I really could not take it anymore. If I were to work in an office environment, we will not even have 50% of the connection we have. It's really that close-knitted relationships we have. It's all about team work, it's a family itself. People of course get unhappy and bitter with each other due to work related, but, after awhile, those things are forgotten.
27th February, I walked out from the hotel, reluctantly. Yes, it's true that I was the one decided to leave. Things gotta change, I cannot be staying there for the rest of my life. I lost my life of 2.5 years. My friends had been complaining that they lost a friend to a hotel. Haha. When I walked into the hotel in August 2007, I was this inexperience, know nuts about anything. That day, I can proudly say, I have a big family there, with trusted people, having really close friends who share mostly everything, with the bond that could not be described. I walked out, with the experience I have there, with things I learned, and now, am even a stronger person than before. Gamsa Hamida for everything. :)

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

we understand each other better when we're in the same clique.. =)

The Pondering Introvert said...

oh yea :) however, if i work in an office, i doubt we will share so much things together. It's just the nature of the job i guess. I have worked in an office before and nope, even tho they were nice people, still, those feelings are really not the same. :)