Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Chuseok Day and Happy Mid-Autumn

September the 22nd is a special day whereby so many festivals fall today in 2010.

First, it's the Mooncake festival or better known as Mid-Autumn Festival. This year, I fail to eat even a bite of a moon cake. I'm that sad I know. I used to buy it from my ex-company when I was still working there. I left this year, so ... goodbye 30%. Dang!

To all Chinese ... Happy Mid-Autumn, do not crash at the front of my gate to play with lantern and candles like what someone did earlier, neighbour. Do not.

Next, it's the Chuseok Day. It's the Korean Thanksgiving whereby Koreans will return to their hometown to visit their ancestors. This is one of the biggest festival there, if not the biggest. They will have a family gathering and a feast with all the traditional food, songs and etc.

To all Koreans, Happy
Chuseok Day. How I wish I'm in Korea, I have then 3 days holiday. That is like the awesome-nest or daebak-est of all.

Japan will have a public holiday on 23rd September, not sure whether it's the same occasion, or a different one. Bottom line, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Korea, Japan all have public holidays. I wanna be Korean, can?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hallo.
Ich mochte mit Ihrer Website michystudio.blogspot.com Links tauschen