Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What is Your Religion?

I used to not know how to answer people when they ask me what's my religion. These few years, I found my ultimate reply to them. I am a Buddhist, on paper.

Reason. Very long ago when I answered people "Buddhist" they give me one kind of look, like they don't believe I know anything about it. There's a column on one form during schooling days when I must fill up. Automatically, when I am not a Christian, it means I am a Buddhist. That's how it works here. I don't practise that kind of lifestyle. So, let's just be honest, I am a Buddhist only on paper, not in lifestyle. I still believe things from there, because, afterall, it teaches people good things. Obviously, I have my own belief. I don't follow any particular ones, I don't like 100% from only one religion.

Once upon a time, I went to a church only God knows why. It was the worst ever mistake I made. Ever since then, I have not stepped my foot, not even only my last toe to a church. I have nothing against them, but it was that whole feeling I didn't like about going. It was a moment when everyone went quiet, and that it's the preaching time. Honestly, his words make it sound like as if everyone is very sinful should s/he not believe in Christianity. Well, I didn't like it.

He saw me from afar, being the super fresh face for that evening. He approached me and asked a few questions. He asked, if I was new there and who brought me that evening yada yada. I answered as I was asked. Then, there comes this part. He asked if I felt anything within me during that session. I, naively, told him straight to his face and being very honest to him, No. He expected me to say something else but I did not. You can't expect me to say something which is untrue, can you? Instantly, he kept quiet and told me that maybe my time has not come. He excused himself and approached a guy near to me. I heard the conversation, and the response was so dramatic. That dude told him omg really I felt something in my heart, like a whole new discovery. Wow, that's really dramatic, you know that?

I really think that as long as you are mentally strong, and you know exactly what is good and what is bad, what is wrong and what is right, then it's all good. You don't really need all these help. It's good to have guidance and all, but as long as it's under control, not too extreme. I used to know someone who wanted to convert others, that everything she said was about "It's a test" and that "God will arrange." I think she just targeted the wrong person. But, life is in your hands, no? =.=

But, I really like to go to temples ... I like to get the orange string to be tied around your wrist when I was way younger. Haha. Okay, I know that's a wrong purpose. Haha. But, stillll! It has been years since.

Right now, I think I shall just stick with being a JYJ follower. Gamsa hamida.

4 comments:

Jonwoon said...

The human mind is a limited-in-function mechanism. After all, we only have 5 senses. What if God was the 6th? At the end of the day, stick to what you think is right and don't worry nobody is forcing you to be a Christian. Great stand and point of view on this subject btw. =)

The Pondering Introvert said...

ahahaha ... thanks yo ;)

lpj said...

lpj agrees with what you said =)

dun get trapped inside this hell hole called "religion" k...

lotsa luv!

The Pondering Introvert said...

LOL hahaha .. ne ne ok. I will be a JYJ follower, I love themmm !! :P