Thursday, April 7, 2022

Balkans Day 1 - 082018 - Dubrovnik (Croatia)

Right before this pandemic, it really felt like my life was so colorful. I was busy going places enjoying the view, chasing after sunsets from different locations. I thought that was easy, until this whole thing hit the human race. Boom! Everyone back to their homes. 

Here, this was my travel back in 2018. 

This is the view before I landed. Since it has been so long ago, I can't remember if this was Turkey or Croatia. Either way, my fave is the window seat. Do not exchange seats with me just because you do not want to be separated with your partner. After touching down, now, take a deep breath, and breathe in the air. Haha.

Right after I landed in Croatia, I waited for my friend to land from Dubai. Just because, we are awesome like that, like as though we are having some secret relationships. haha. Anyways, we picked up the car for rent and here we are. Hello Penang, just kidding. Welcome to Croatia! 

What's the first people do after landing. It's not the hotel, it's not the tour, or the sightseeing. It's the food. Welcome to the Balkans food.

We did our check-in and here we are, walking towards the free walking tour around Croatia. This is so we can return on our last day here.

I'm not sure about you guys, but I am that 1% who did not watch any Game of Thrones. As you walk along inside here in Dubrovnik, all you can see is the Game of Thrones tour, the GoT merchandise. I couldn't relate, I did not watch a single episode so I don't understand the hype and the craze over the series. If the amount of people is this during today's era, it's scary. People are more conscious towards their surroundings. Before covid, I had this issue with people disrupting my personal space. Not sure if it's related to being an introvert, but now, people finally understand me. 

I have some memory issue, if I am not mistaken, Dubrovnik is well-known for the best saltwater fishing grounds in Croatia. 

Here I am within the Walls of Dubrovnik. It's kinda narrow, so becareful on who comes close to you. Geez, look at how thin I was 4 years ago haha.

We were tired after finishing the walking tour. What's the next most natural thing to do? Food. We just hopped into this restaurant. God, we were wrong to do that. I didn't have wide lens back then yeah haha. Hence, the picture. We had this pizza, we were full but not satisfied. It wasn't satisfying, expensive and the service was really bad, like as if they are all very content with life, there's no sense of urgency. Perhaps, that's just how it works over there. Or maybe, we just ordered the wrong food.

Location: Dubrovnik, Croatia

No comments: