Friday, April 1, 2022

What's your vision?

Hej! It's about time I share what I have been doing the past 2 years. As mentioned here, my colleagues (back then) and I lost our jobs and with uncertainties had fallen upon us, our future was dark and gloomy. But, one door closes, another door opens.

With what I did previously, it came as a shock as to how I went through the interviews and got selected to join the project team. The competition was pretty fierce and aggressive. My experience prior to this is probably just 10-15% relevant to what it is in the project. I am really thankful and glad that I was jobless for only 4 months (including vacation to Seattle) before I started work. I have jumped in the trend into e-commerce, right before Covid said hello to all of us. 

In these 2 years, it was such a rollercoaster ride, and being first time in such a huge project to open a store in PH, it's definitely an eye-opener to me personally. The amount of things I have learnt on the job is immeasurable especially in the payment aspect. Thank you to those that I have worked with, both internal and external. When I saw the door opened for the locals in November, I cannot help but to feel that this has got to be the biggest achievement thus far. It's especially heart-warming to see how we grew from zero to something so massive. 

The only drawback is a contract-basis job. Considering that all the commitments we have in life, I can't do anymore contract-based jobs. It's human nature to want to feel secure. There's a lot of first-time in the job and saying thank you for the opportunity isn't enough. 

A highlight in the whole experience is knowing how and why the founder started the company in the first place. And most importantly, I hope that the company continue to stand strong in what the founder believed in. Thank you for this experience! It was such a pleasure to be part of a strong team and I really enjoyed my whole journey here.

And heck, a very unfortunate news had befallen on my family and I thank God I was working for this company, and for this manager in particular who went out all the way to support my welfare and well-being. 

This chapter has officially closed in July 2021 and I have moved on to something else :)

No comments: