Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Staycation @ Kuala Kubu Bharu

We have been waiting for a staycation for the longest time. It has been a long wait. We planned all in April to go in May. But, that was the time our country hit rock bottom. The Covid situation was so bad that we had to cancel all plans to stay home. I mean, I know I am blessed to have a job and everything. But, that was also the very same time our family was hit with a tragedy.

Anyway, after a very long wait, no cancelation policy, and with us all started our jobs, we have to go somehow. Only the few of us made it in the end. But it was better than ever. It's a much needed getaway. It's a challenge to get everyone together. These guys I went with were people that I have worked with. How often can you say, hey I hang out with my colleagues. It happens more now because, how else do we meet people right. I don't believe in "I don't hang out with my colleagues because I need to separate colleagues and friends." I've heard that from someone. You do you.

Pondering Introvert's fresh start in the morning before departing KL. Yay, it's finally happening!
Welcome to Kuala Kubu Bharu! Cleanse your organ. We arrived at 1-ish and check in was 3pm. It's a private area so they don't allow us to enter. I didn't understand why he couldn't let us in but once I got there, I understood why. There's no common area where we all park our cars. No, it's literally just the villa all by yourselves. 
Imagine having champagne in this pool here, haha. It's not to swim of course haha. So the brick walls on the left and right, it's one room each on both sides.
After soaking in the pool, get all ready for the BBQ. I didn't take any pictures of the BBQ, the amount of food we had simply because, I was hangry! I had no time for that but just, gobble up the food! Yums. And blessed. What a lovely night.

The very next day, Hello, Good morning world! I've been in KL my whole life and no, we don't have fresh air. It was so nice to breathe some fresh air once in awhile.

Laying on this hammock lookalike under the tree. How can it get better than this? It's been awhile I haven't been in tune with nature. 
Stopped by at nearby town. People stopped here for this. It's really just this. haha.
Loved the vintage feel of this town. It isn't far from KL but this kind of primitive vibe cannot be found in KL anymore. I appreciate stuff like this. It's priceless. And, it's clean! 

Finally, a short video on a stroll in the villa.
 

It was a really nice, needed getaway. The caretaker there has been nothing short of fantastic. This villa can fit up to 10 pax. It might just be 2 bedrooms there but there were extra beds available. We went in a group of 6 and we were all very comfortable, including those that slept on the extra bed. It isn't just a mattress, it's a pull out bed.

Nice break from the bustling city life. Most importantly, you get to spend time with family and friends, or friends like family. They even have board games available, but bring your own. Of course, you gotta go with the right people. This place is mostly occupied, so if you wanna go, book it much earlier. We managed to book the night as we went on a Sunday. 

So, we ate, we laughed, we played games, we talked, then off to bed. haha. Thank you for making this happen.

No comments: