Thursday, February 24, 2022

Goodbye -vid

It's such boring topic talking about Covid, with the variants until Omnicron now. But, it's necessary. We just need to be aware of what is happening in the world, if we should be worried sick or just accept it.

The other day, or some day, I got to know that I was a close contact just before the new update from the government. The answer to confirm all of this used to be a PCR test, not anymore as the time of this writing.

The next morning after I know I was a close contact, I did a self-test. I have been doing this on off when the price was still RM19.90. It's so cheap now, it's good to have a few kits kept at home though I know it's not mandatory anymore. Not mandatory doesn't mean that we can't do it. We just have to do what is right for the sake of ourselves, for the sake of the community.

Very simple instruction to follow by. Yes people, it looks just like a pregnancy test. So no, no Baby Rona for me this time as well. I am a free person. Am I? Not really. 

I still did PCR test twice. It may not detect the virus if you do it on the very first day. I did it on the 4th day since exposure and the 2nd time was on the 9th day. Both came out as negative. Awesome! That was also the last day of my quarantine.

Now, we have people walking about on the streets despite being positive as the virus is weaker now. Is this the end of the pandemic? Perhaps so and let's hope it is. We just gotta accept that this is the way of life now. Having said that, if you are positive, please stay home. Let's be a better nation and be responsible.

Those above 60, please still proceed to CAC to get yourselves assessed or those with comorbidities if you are required to be warded. 

Above all of these, I hope that this is the end of the pandemic and we see some light in the end of the tunnel. I truly hope so. We are all tired.


No comments: