Monday, October 30, 2023

Another goodbye

My last update on my job was 2 years ago when I left IKEA after a huge project I worked on which also happened to be my first legit and formal project I took on. From then on, I went to an e-commerce platform. If you're in Asia, you gotta work there to say you have worked in a large e-commerce company.

My mind wasn't at the best state when I attended the interview. But, I gotta do what I was hired for. I was lucky I got hired. haha. After 6-7 years of being around, it's still a start up culture. In comparison of PayPal, IKEA looks like a manual-labored company. I'm not going into the nitty-gritty stuff due to compliance and confidentiality (based on my own integrity, no NDA or anything like that). But, it came as even more of a surprise when I started working here.

Putting complaints of manual labor aside, you learn the most when being put in an environment like that. You don't maximize your learning from a well-established infrastructure because the AI helps you complete your job quicker, faster and more efficient.  

I continue taking on the project management role, swaying further and further away from Compliance. Well, in project management, specifically in the Fraud/Compliance function haha. I left after 1 year and 8 months. I have heard people leaving within 3 months and I get it. 

Anyone young, who has the drive and energy to put up with the effort and hours, go for it. Just don't expect things to be easy and chill. When it comes to learning curve, dang, there's a lot to learn even for someone like me (meaning not fresh grad). If you get a good lead, learn the most you can. They are the ones that make the difference and they make tough jobs more bearable.

That's where I worked. Be fully prepared for interviews if you plan to work there. 

Hanging up my tag and lanyard. Goodbye Eco city.


 Finally, the last time wearing lanyard. I was in the restroom haha. 

No comments: