Friday, November 17, 2023

Part 1: Bangkok Trip

When Covid hit, I didn't think that it was going to be this long. And, certain things were permanent. My last leisure trip was back in 2019 to Seattle. My last trip overseas was to The Philippines in early 2020 for a business trip. I was lucky I got to go on that trip because all travels were halted when I was there. Any trips that have yet to happen were canceled with immediate effect. Imagine the emptiness my passport is right now. No stamps, nothing, and it has gone to waste to renew for 5 years.

There were people I met online in 2022 and decided, hey, let's go to Bangkok. I haven't been to Bangkok since 2014. Man, that's been 8 years. I am talking in the 2022 year. 

That's the sky. And how I miss this. I sit by the window all the time. So whoever you are, do not try to take that away from me, especially long haul.

This was where we got food the first night. Siam Paragon. It's just another foodcourt. I was told, hey it's a great place for food. I don't know about that man. It's a foodcourt, in a mall. haha. Obviously, I do not resonate with them but that's fine. To each their own and I respect that.

We came to this newly-built place, Icon Siam where I saw it made its round in Instagram during Covid. It's so vibrant and lively, they were selling all sorts of things, from food like pasta, fried chicken to fruits, drinks and seafood. I meant, fresh seafood. 

The lobster they were selling. Damn! 

After walking around, came to a place at the center court, all sorts of coffee were there.

Having coffee as part of my blood, I can't say no to coffee. Got myself one, of course. 

Icon Siam is like Pavilion in KL, nicely decorated and made it feel Premium. Upper class market and tourists as their target market. 

I wasn't the tourist that was going to buy anything. Well, I did, from Victoria Secret but that was all. Once you walk out from Icon Siam, you see this view. This feels like a KLCC kinda thing, water fountain outside the mall. 

Of course, me. Back then, I was still with mask. I didn't want to but. Bleh. lol.

Places visited:
Siam Paragon
Icon Siam

No comments: